It can be stressful to plan a move. For an easy and convenient move, you’ll want to make sure everything is prepared. This list may help you get on your way with a little less stress while you are packing your moving truck.
- As early as possible, make a truck reservation. You may spend more time, money, and energy searching for a truck at the last minute.
- As early as you can, begin your own packing. Even if you don’t have a truck to put it in, you can start packing some of your home’s less-used items into boxes to avoid having to squeeze everything in at the last minute.
- Do your best to purge everything. Before moving, try to get rid of as much as you can so that you won’t need as big of a truck and have less to carry.
- Get your packing supplies in advance (noticing a trend?). You may feel more at ease if you have the boxes, tape, and other supplies ready and waiting when you need them.
- Get a crew or some friends to assist you in loading the truck. It takes time and effort to load a truck by yourself.
- Make a plan before beginning to pack. Consider how you can pack those boxes and other items as effectively as you can.
- Think about purchasing insurance. Take into consideration purchasing insurance for your valuables if it is offered.
- Put the heaviest items at the bottom. Although it might seem obvious, sometimes a heavy box can fit better higher up, but that requires more heavy lifting on your part.
- When transporting those heavy items, use smaller boxes. A huge box packed with books is extremely cumbersome to move and weighs a ton. I’m telling you, I erred in that.
- The items you’ll need when you get there should be placed close to the back of the truck. In your new home, you might need things like clothes, kitchenware, a TV, a microwave, and an alarm clock.
It can be time-, money-, and frustration-saving to do some planning before you pack the first box. You can further assist yourself if you can reduce the amount of items you need to pack. As you pack, keep in mind that you will need to remove your belongings from the truck and return it to the rental company. I hope these suggestions will make your move more enjoyable.